Love The Ones Around You

October 25, 2013

Since the day we were born, there have been people around us. Its been family, friends, friends of friends, teachers, school councilors, you name it. and guess what, we take a lot of those people for granted. We really don't know who or what we have sometimes. Of course, there no such thing as a perfect person. We live our entire life making mistakes and its OK. No one was born perfect or will ever be perfect....meaning they aren't perfect either. Judging and holding grudges often get in the way of spending quality time with those in our lives.
 
What I can say is to start living consciously. And how is that possible? I'll use myself as an example. Every time I want to argue back with mom, I have to think to myself, is it really worth it? To raise my blood pressure and hers over something stupid? No. Because I don't know until what day I'll have her. What I can do Is tell her that I love her while I have her. because I do...and it doesn't just have to be words but actions too. Those are stronger actions that will support my words. We might think the people who we surround ourselves know that already, but it doesn't hurt to remind them daily.
 
Lately, I've been reflecting a lot these past few weeks. Personal stuff has been happening and it hasn't been the happy stuff. Life happens and what's left is to value the ones around us everyday.
 
Happy Friday!
 
 
I present to you my assistant Aly! She's been getting better at noticing shadows, and bad light.
Its not exactly her favorite part- time job, but insists that she needs the dough.
 Aly listens to Lana Del Rey, enjoys skateboarding, as well as singing and playing guitar.
(These photos were taken yesterday before a senior session!)
 

Lately we've been bonding over playing guitar together, rapping to ghetto, viral YouTube videos, and eating our parent's takeout left overs (how delish).
I love her. she means a lot more than she thinks she does to me.
© Lupe Juarez. Design by FCD.